Farmington Hills Business Succession Planning Attorneys
Peace of Mind About Your Business and Its Future
When a business owner, partner, shareholder, or other key member of the business retires, suddenly becomes incapacitated, or dies, the business is left in a state of limbo that can lead to serious business ownership and control disputes. It is important for businesses of all sizes to have a thoughtfully prepared business succession plan
At the law office of Mall Malisow & Cooney, P.C., in Farmington Hills, Michigan, our lawyers provide comprehensive business succession planning services focused on helping business owners protect their interests while they are alive and ensure their long-term wishes for their business are followed. To arrange a consultation to discuss your options with an experienced attorney contact our Farmington Hills law firm.
Detroit Lawyers Assisting Clients With Exit Planning and Business Succession Planning
Planning for the future of your business can be confusing and overwhelming. However, it is an essential transition planning process that every business owner should consider.
- How should your business be managed after you retire?
- Do you plan your business to continue operating even after you are no longer running it?
- Do you plan to transfer ownership of your business to your spouse or children?
- Would you prefer someone who has been involved in the business, rather than family, to continue operations?
- Should you transfer ownership all at once or over time?
- Is your business succession plan fully coordinated with your estate plan?
Our business succession planning lawyers can help you address these questions as we become familiar with your business and your goals. We thoroughly explain your options — from determining how to initially structure your business (as a Partnership, a Limited Liability Company (LLC), Corporation, or other entity) to evaluating succession strategies such as Buy-Sell Agreements. We also ensure that your business transition and succession planning efforts coordinate with your personal Estate Planning efforts in order to maximize asset protection and success of both plans.
Our lawyers have over 50 years of experience in helping local businesses throughout the Detroit area. Contact us to discuss your legal needs.